Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Reading Trackers

~Various Reading Trackers~

I L.O.V.E. using different tools to help students track while they are reading.  I have scary halloween fingers, magic fairy wands, blue "EZC Reader Strips", drink stirrers, and whatever else I can get my hands on.


~Various Reading Trackers~

This year, I found some new things to use!  I ordered the "We're #1" fingers from Oriental Trading.  I think the kids are going to go ga-ga over these!  I should have ordered more than one set!  The crazy straws are from the dollar store.  The sticks on the right I made myself!

~DIY - Reading Trackers~

I was walking through the store looking for new trackers, when I saw drink stirrers.  I was going to buy them, but when I took a good look at them, I realized I could make some of my own for a lot less money!  I bought bamboo skewers, snipped the sharp end off, and cut them in half.  I used spray paint from the garage to paint the shortened skewers.  Then I pulled out my bead collection and decided on the wooden beads.  Unfortunately, these took a little longer to make than anticipated because not all the bead holes were big enough.  Out came the jewelry making tools and I was able to enlarge the holes.  The beads are tight enough, that I didn't even have to use any glue!  I think if I can make an entire class set, I will be able to use them for writing in the air as well!

2 comments:

  1. I love finding different pointers! I love using bubble wands because they can frame a letter or punctuation marks.

    I am happy to be your first follower. If you get the chance, I would love for you to hop over and visit me. =)


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the suggestion of using bubble wands! I probably have a billion of them around the garage from my children!

      Delete

I would love your feedback on anything I post!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...